Notification

Icon
Error

Options
jtss1985  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 11:16:22 PM(UTC)

I had the need to add another doggie bed to our house & didn't want to spend the money buying one. So..I took two of my Old Pillows that I have stored for years...just in case....The pillows are in the original casing and there is room to move inside pillow to it's edge.  I did that on both pillows pinned them together & zig zagged them..I then had some remnant fleece, doggie paws, and made a covering closed with velcro..  Very easy craft & recycles old pillows to something usefull.

If you don't have enough of one fabric use some of your other remnants.  If you have an Embroidery machine you can do pet designs or thir names on it.

I think this craft would make awesome gifts to your pet owner Family &  friends .

Enjoy

Jan Smith,  Rockport Tx.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 6:21:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Great way to recycle the old pillows,  I have been using some of my old pillows in shams.

I did sew two kings together and threw an old lap quilt over it for my dog (who is sleeping on it as I type).

I have found the fleece "sheds" but have used a folded fleece throw as the "mattress" within a cotton, zipped cover.

We have several "Buddy Beds" throughout the house for our dog, Buddy, to enjoy his favorite pastime -  sleeping!

thecomputerist  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:15:48 AM(UTC)

Jan - Please take a photo for us to enjoy.  All you need to do is 'Select' the Film Strip (above), 'press Browse' and follow the prompts. 

We would love to see the project.

Pat, The Computerist (aka, The Avid Embroiderer)