Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mrscw  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:26:08 PM(UTC)

Hi there (AGAIN!)

After experimenting and coming across threading, interface/stabliser, thread problems I rung up the supplier that I bought my PE700Eii from to gain some VERY valuable tips!

My Lower threading was 'tangling up' and I found the reasons for this are:-

1. The wrong use of lower thread. SOLUTION: The only lower threads that are needed to be used are Bobbin Threads AND the best to use are Brother. You will only ever have to use either Black or White as if you have the tension right, you'll NEVER see the lower thread anyway. I was using anything!
  2. The upper thread wasn't "grasping" the hook properly. SOLUTION: When threading the Upper Thread, on the last loop over (STEP 4), give a slight tug towards yourself to guarantee it has 'looped' onto the hook.
  3. Thread Type was wrong. SOLUTION: Only use 100% Viscose threads

When I said to the guy that I would mainly be embroidering onto t-shirts, babygrows, towels, flannels.... he then came up with further tips:-

1. Embroidering on stretch fabric:- Use a Stretch Stabliser called "Stitch and Tear" AND you MUST use a Ball Point needle.. I wasn't using any of these!
  2. Embroidering on towels/flannels:- Use a Water Soluble Stabliser on BOTH the top and bottom (front & back) of the material.Afterwards, just put water onto it to dissolve.. I wasn't using any of these!

I hope these tips will bring you some help too.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 4:48:16 AM(UTC)

These tips are excellent.  I am glad to see you asking questions as well as offering information!!

May I add that in addition to Viscose thread, you can use any thread that is specifically noted to be embroidery thread.  There are rayon and polyester varieties as well. 

Keep asking questions, both in this forum and among experienced machine embroiderers.  We all have been where you are and know that it can be frustrating.  Read some blogs and check out the forums for your particular question.  There are many capable people here at ATG and you will appreciate all of that talent as you learn your new craft.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer