Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mrscw  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 9:42:56 PM(UTC)

Hi guys

I'm new to this site and I live in the UK.

I purchased a PE700II a few days ago and I LOVE IT!

I did my first bit of embroidery last night.

I am NOT a sewer in any format so I didn't know the knowledge of Upper & Lower threading OR the terminologies etc so it really has been a new learning curve.

I have, in the past, designed creations (monograms mainly) and paid someone to do the actual machines embroidery for me SO hopefully, I can now do this myself.

I agree with the number of you on here who say how easy this machine is to use. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I just need to now get to grips with the best products to use etc. Any tips recommended.

I have to thank a link from another thread on this forum of how to print onto t-shirts/tote bags etc. It helped alot when I embroidered my daughters name onto one of her baby grows last night. The "inside out" approach DEFINATELY works!!!!

THANKS GUYS!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:06:08 AM(UTC)

We love newbies here!!  We love how you are so eager to try things and excited about your new craft!

Welcome to the wonderful world of machine embroidery (ME) and AnnTheGran (ATG). ME is the most fun craft, it is beautiful, and creative, you are going to fall in love!

May I recommend that you read my forum post regarding the PE700II.   It is a great work horse and you are going to get a lot of use out of it.  I still have mine despite the fact that I have bought a more fully featured machine.  The PE700 is, in my opinion, the standard by which other machines aspire.  Of course there are newer and more featured machines, but your machine will out last us all!

May I also recommend that you read my blog in which I cover a great many subjects.  Try the one "What I wish I had known" for some helpful tips.

Ask lots of questions here in the Forum.  Read as much as you have  time for AND most of all, enjoy your new machine.  Next week you will be embroidering on everything that does not move!!!

AnnTheGran is the premiere site on the Internet.  It has been here since 1996 - longer than anyone!!!  If someone here does not have an answer to help you, you probably cannot be helped.   LOL[:'(]

Welcome again!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

mrscw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:16:39 PM(UTC)

[quote user="pat71896"]May I recommend that you read my forum post regarding the PE700II.   It is a great work horse and you are going to get a lot of use out of it.  I still have mine despite the fact that I have bought a more fully featured machine.  The PE700 is, in my opinion, the standard by which other machines aspire.  Of course there are newer and more featured machines, but your machine will out last us all!

Thanks Pat! I took the time out to read the link and it does help!

I've had teething problems (I bet everyone does) and found out some VERY useful info this morning of which I will post on a seperate thread.