Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lksalberg  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 10:15:21 AM(UTC)

I have watched the video of how AlphabetXpress works and it looks great.  My question is, does it work with all types of embroidery machines.  I have a Bernina that uses the art format and I didn't see it listed on the formats although that piece of the video went by very quickly.  Looks like something I should have but not if it doesn't work with my machine.  Thanks for any info anyone might have

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:30:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I already have other software, but downloaded a trial of AX to get the information.  If you create lettering and save as, a list will come on the screen for choosing a format and .art is not included.

Wait for additional replies before making a decision - I may have little gremlins that are limiting my selection.

lksalberg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:34:17 PM(UTC)

thanks for your quick response.  Do you think if I chose the pes format, I would be able to get it to the machine using the Magic Box? 

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:20:00 AM(UTC)

I would say that 99% it will work with your Bernina - there is always that chance that AlphaX has some incompatibility issue that is unknown.

AlphaX utilizes its own fonts, there are 5 in the set when you use it.  Additional fonts are available as well.

Try the 30 day trial and see how easy it is to work.  You can see my take on the ease of use at my blog post.  Writing is one of the challenges of machine embroidery and when you find the right program for you, you will find yourself writing things all the time.

IMHO, ease of use is a significant factor in purchasing any software program for embroidery use, and this one has ease of use to me.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

borden47  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:11:05 PM(UTC)

Hello.

Alphabet Xpress (my current version) does not allow for .ART Format.

From what I understand the Bernina .ART format is not gaining the market share; hence not making it cost-effective for other concerns to create designs/fonts, etc. for this format other than Bernina themselves.

Check with AnntheGran Customer Service if .ART format will be offered in newer versions or updates for this software.

Joan

pattiann  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 3:26:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

[quote user="lksalberg"]

thanks for your quick response.  Do you think if I chose the pes format, I would be able to get it to the machine using the Magic Box? 

You have to have the .art format if that is the only format your Bernina will accept.

Without a program to convert the files created with AX, to .art format, AX is not the program for you.

You will need to consider purchasing software that is .art format compatible.

Explorations Galaxy is suppose to convert to .art, but is is over $600.  Check with your Bernina dealer to see if there is something less expensive you can use to convert designs to .art format.

You could by a Brother or BabyLock embroidery only machine that does accept .pes for the cost of some of the .art format compatible software.