Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ittybittyjunebug  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 10:04:51 AM(UTC)

I got my machine a couple of days ago and am having a blast using it!  I want to embroidery the front of a a tshirt for my baby, but I can't figure out how to do it without catching the back of the tshirt.  Is there a way to do this?

Tara

borden47  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:55:12 PM(UTC)

Tara,

I use the method of turning inside out for many of the items I make; tees, tote bags, cosmetic bags, laundry baskets, etc.  Am forwarding you directions on a tote and they show how "turning it inside out" works.  Although showing a tote bag, it works for all items.

http://p.hostingprod.com/@thesewphisticatedstitcher.com/pinktotebag.pdf

Good Luck with your project.  Great that you dug right on in instantly upon purchase of your machine!  Good for you.

Joan

ittybittyjunebug  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:15:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks so much for your help!  I don't have an embroidery program on my computer- unless one came with the machine and I didn't realize it?!  Can you recommend a program?  Thanks!

borden47  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:32:26 PM(UTC)

Tara,

Do you mean a software program?  I am not familiar with the PE-700II but I know that it will handle PED-Basic software; not sure if it handles more updated versions.

If the software program came with your machine, you would have a CD, a reader box and a card.  With the PE-700II, you also have a USB port and you can transfer purchased designs through that to your machine.

Your best bet to learn more about your machine and what you need for it, is to go to Brother.com.  Brother's website lists the accessories that coordinate with your machine.  I have the very old PE-400D and the Innov-is 4000D.    If I didn't have the 400D, I would certainly think of purchasing the 700II.

Joan

pattiann  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:14:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

What do you want to be able to do with the software?

I suggest starting with the free trial of Embird. 

You start with the base product and then add features as you become familiar with the software and wish to expand to fit your needs in machine embroidery.

http://www.secretsof.com/content/1798

ittybittyjunebug  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:05:05 AM(UTC)

well, i'd like to be able to add text to designs and stuff, but i'm sure i'll have to buy a program for that, eh?  i'll go look for embird and start with that- thanks!