Notification

Icon
Error

Options
cyndinmarianne  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:55:23 AM(UTC)

I am new to home machine embroidery, just got our first machine about 2 weeks ago.

I cannot figure out how to enter a space in my text that is in my machine. I am using a Brother PE 700ii.

Also, is there a way to enter multiple rows of text to embroider together instead of entering as individual lines?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Marianne

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:02:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi Marianne,

To add space(s), go to the end of the alpha and see if there isn't an underscore symbol.  This will create a space - nothing will stitch in the area where the underscore is placed.

For additional lines - you can only do one at a time, but if you hoop so there is room for a second line.  Do the first one and then set up the second position using the trial key (jogs around the perimeter of what is going to be stitched) and the arrow keys to get the position you want.

Test on scraps and keep notes as to the numbers that appear on the EM when setting up the positions.

I just did a banner and used the above method to find the position for the additional letters.  I found I had to use the arrow keys to position my next group of letters at .75 from the edge of the hoop - a little testing and you will get a feel for this in no time.

Pattiann

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 4:22:16 AM(UTC)

On your PE700II, you will see an underscore and it is generally found near the end of the letters.

I too have had to do multiple lines.  If you have 3 lines, each line would be a single design file.  Save them using your 'pocket' icon and load them individually.  Be sure that you check your guidelines to place the lines because it will look bad if there is different distances between lines. 

Use not only the guidelines, but also, pay attention to the numbers of the + or - from the vertical center.  I usually place the lines in a centered position which is easier than lining things up horizontally.  The machine sets it up on the left, but occasionally you will have a letter 'M' on the first line and a letter 'I' on the second, making them appear to not line up.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

cyndinmarianne  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 12:05:04 PM(UTC)

Both of these posts were very helpful, thank you for your replies!!!!

Big Smile

labeelady  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 12:52:50 PM(UTC)

They were helpful to me also!  I am a new owner of a PE-770 and I couldn't figure out the space either!  I thought the underscore was just that!

Thanks!

Pat in Louisiana