Notification

Icon
Error

Options
drbodigie  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 3:19:42 AM(UTC)

My husband has just approved my coming to Community Circle 2009 - but there's a catch, he's traveling with me.  Anyone have any ideas on how to keep him busy while I attend the workshops?  I'm having nightmares of being asked to skip something in order to keep him company!!!!  Anyone else bringing a spouse?

Denise

borden47  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 8:17:55 PM(UTC)

Denise,

You could try reverse psychology and offer the classes to your husband as well.  With that, he might just look into local sightseeing and you would be free to enjoy.  Plus, no cell phones allowed during any of the classes. 

Actually though, I attended last year and there were men attending the Circle as well.  I am sure if you do a search of Orlando, there will be interesting things to do and see for your hubby.

Good Luck with this!

Joan

beamishboy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:48:47 PM(UTC)

[quote user="drbodigie"]

My husband has just approved my coming to Community Circle 2009 - but there's a catch, he's traveling with me.  Anyone have any ideas on how to keep him busy while I attend the workshops?  I'm having nightmares of being asked to skip something in order to keep him company!!!!  Anyone else bringing a spouse?

Denise

Congrats, Denise!

Not sure if your husband will be interested, but we've had quite a few spouse requests this year, so within a day or two we'll be adding a spouse option to the Community Circle registration, where your husband can eat meals with you but then go off and do his own thing while you're enjoying the rest of the event. It will show up in the description of Community Circle when you click on the 'Register Now' button, so look for it if you're interested.

BB

drbodigie  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:29:05 AM(UTC)

BB,

Since the difference for attendees and spouses is only $70 I decided to go ahead and register my husband for the full conference.  He may not attend all the sessions but there are a few I think would interest him (if I twist his arm).  That being the case, you now have 2 registrations under Denise Odigie.  Please switch one to Victor Odigie and note that we would like to be in the same class rotation (or "Group").

I can't wait to get out of this snow and down to Florida!  Thanks!

Denise Odigie

beamishboy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:04:25 AM(UTC)

Okay, Denise, we've noted the change and put Victor into our registration list next to you.

BB

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:21:44 AM(UTC)

What a great idea BB!!  Orlando is certainly full of things to do, but I think my class will be a hit with the spouses!

I am not just doing a business discussion, but the ideas will be great for personal relationships as well.

I am just so excited about meeting so many of the great people and presenting something of excellent use for all!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer