Notification

Icon
Error

Options
shelleyjr  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 1:00:44 PM(UTC)

Hello All,

I am new here and just got a PE-700II.

I purchased this design to embroider and I kept having to switch threads from light to dark. So here is the question; is there a way on the machine to have it embroider all of the light green background then embroider the dark green outline? I don't have embroidery software yet. The design stitched each clover leaf individually, duh. It had 9 thread changes for this simple design.

Thank you for any and all replies,

Shelley

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 10:57:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You should be able to skip ahead and then start over and catch the colors you skipped.

This design appears to need some editing - the satin stitch has gaps.

There are some companies that have free trials of software.  Embird is one that you can download.  It begins with Basic and then as you learn and want to add to it you can.   One place that has the download is secrets of embroidery.  Click on Links at the bottom on the screen.

shelleyjr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:45:20 AM(UTC)

Pattiann,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to skip ahead like you said, but I may not have hit the correct button. When I saw the colored background clover being done I tried to skip the outline buy tapping the arrow key on the machine. It only beeped at me. Is there another way to skip the next item to be stitched? I am so new I am not sure how to do this.

Also, I just looked at this design online where i purchased it. The gaps are deliberate as far as I can tell? https://www.embroideryde...ery+Designs/1/04361.aspx

Thanks for the Embrid software suggestion. I have been trying to figure which one I want. Some people like Buzz 2 Stitches and some like Embrid.

Shelley

Smile

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:09:38 AM(UTC)

Hello Shelley!  Welcome to the wonderful world of machine embroidery (ME) and AnnTheGran (ATG).

I did look at your design, and indeed there are intentional gaps in your design.  That is part of the whimsical feel of the design. 

It is unusual to have so many thread changes with just a few colors, and this one does not seem to have a reason to have them.  Some designs have a 'layering' effect so that those color changes are necessary.  It appears that there is nothing wrong with your sew out. 

Indeed, the software you choose can be a challenge.  I know many people like PE-Design as well.  It is created by Brother who is a very trusted name in ME. 

May I recommend that you read this forum post where you will find a few tips for the beginner.  I do highly recommend that you read, ask questions and read as much as you can.  You will learn a great deal from others, but ultimately, you must put the needle to the fabric and give it your best. 

I am wondering about the 'beeping' you spoke about.  There are several arrows on that machine, so I recommend that you check for a selection that shows a Needle with a plus and minus sign.  You may have been trying to 'layout' key which is only used at the very beginning of a design.  The plus key takes you forward either a single stitch or a single color, and likewise for the minus stitch. 

Enjoy your beautiful new craft, it is wonderful and the people at ATG, both employees and the users are the best on the Internet. 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

shelleyjr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:39:33 AM(UTC)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I printed out the forum post for beginners last night and read it through. It had some great tips on it.

Your reply on the "needle with the plus and minus image key" to move the stitching; was a home run in my head. I knew exactly what I need to do next time. This just wasn't real obvious to me. You know the Brother instructions aren't that clear about several things that I have encountered.

The world of ME software is overwhelming. I really don't think I will be doing that much original design work if any. The cost of the Brother software might not be justified for what I need.

Thanks for confirming that the clover design isn't flawed and that it sewed out correctly.

Shelley

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:41:56 AM(UTC)

I am glad I could help.  I love ME and so enjoy hearing that I could clear up something.

A universal complaint about manuals is that they are not helpful enough.  The fact is that I don't know of any way to answer every possible question that can come to mind.  That is why the ATG Forum is the paramount place for answers for all ME.  Someone has had the same problem and/or something similar enough to help. 

I am also happy that you got tips from that forum post.  I hope you will look over my Blog Posts as well.  I have a new one coming out on Friday regarding free standing lace (FSL).  You can put your email address (at the upper left corner of the blog) and get notified when it comes on line. 

Most people are familiar with FSL but I think Wink there are a few tips that will make those projects even better!! 

cnp119  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 12:56:26 AM(UTC)

I have the Brother PE-700II. I also have the Brother Innovis 4500. I did not know my PE700 would skip ahead. Where is the needle with the +/- located?

I love that feature when my thread breaks.

pattiann  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 12:11:51 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

That information should be in the instruction manual for the 4500.

pat71896  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 3:19:37 AM(UTC)

cnp119-After you have selected your design, in the LED Window, you should see an area that says "adjust."  Press that and you will see the +/- that will either take you one stitch or one color in either direction.

Additionally, when I am starting out a design, I like to take the needle to the first stitch by using the above.  It allows me to see that everything is in order.  Sometimes that 1 stitch is a LONG way from the beginning area.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer