Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
mjb125m  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:06:53 AM(UTC)

Hi, I have used 3 kind of the ATG stabilizers and I like all of them. At first, I did have some problem with the tear away, but I believe that depends on what you use it for. I use the water soluble all the time, on most anything and it works great. The price is much better than the others that I have bought, even when you include the s&h.

The friendship that I have encountered has no price tag. I feel as if we are on a first name basis. You have been there many times for me. I have met this wonderful person many miles from here and we share many emails.

ddenham  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:08:15 AM(UTC)

I am new to machine embroidery (3 months) and I just bought 4 different kinds of stabilzer.  I find the tear away very easy for me to use and I love the medium soft for designs on shirts for grandchildren. As for price Annthegran can't be beat.

ddenham

atgadmin  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 11:45:18 AM(UTC)

Hi.  I have purchased several different stabilizers from ATG and I have had no problem with any of them.  I use light and medium weight tear away, and water soluable Topping.  I have a few others that I would like to try also when I am able to get back to my embroidery machine.  

Evelyn Maloney

alicewheat  
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:54:41 PM(UTC)

I love the convenience of buying in lg quanity.  A great product at a great price.  I love being able to download a design right away and being able to find what I need at a moments notice.........alice wheat

kathleen4597  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:40:34 PM(UTC)

[quote user="AnnTheGran"]

How do you like the AnnTheGran brand stabilizer? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

I purchased the tear away and the cutaway and I like it better than the Floriani.  I has no gaps and tears away smoothly with no stress to the stitches.  Will purchase it again

lortwi  
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:26:57 AM(UTC)

When I first began embroidering, I found AnnTheGran's free designs and thought I was in heaven !! Then I became an ATG member and began to receive monthly goodies. It gets better ! I discovered her half price all the time stabilizers and have been a happy embroiderer every since; I use the nylon cut away, med wt tear away and water soluable. I have found ATG's stabilizers to be of excellent quality, generous quantity and the price is always right. Thank you ATG.

melissabass  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:10:33 AM(UTC)

I recently bought some stabilizer and I received it in just a few days. I love the stabilizer and appreciate the great service.

Melissa Bass

ktabb  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:57:27 PM(UTC)

I have tried using ATG medium soft tear away on three different projects but unfortunately have not been satisfied with the quality of any.  The main problem seems to be fuzzy edges around the back side of the design where it is torn away. 

I have also used ATG medium tear away and am pleased with its results...a nice clean tear and good stabilization.

Kathy Tabb

pat71896  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:15:02 AM(UTC)

Kathy - I personally have not yet tried the "soft" tear away, but something came to my mind when I read your post.

If it is manufactured to be 'soft' that might have an effect on the tearability of the stabilizer.  I am wondering if you clipped or wet the remaining fibers to get rid of them.  I am interested in your specific results because I have had tear away that did the same thing but it had other problems as well. 

One thing about tear away is that it is meant to be easy to tear and therefore 'more loosely' compressed into the stabilizer.  I have noticed in my cheaper tear away (which I let the grandkids draw on. . . ) there are thick and thin areas randomly. 

Please do photograph the back side of the piece so we can see what is happening.  We all can learn from your experience. 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

thepegster  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:26:02 AM(UTC)

very nice

pattiann  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:20:31 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Glue/sticky does not adhere to titanium coated embroidery needles.  

I have use Organ brand for several years, but other brands are now offering this type of needle. 

They are a little more expensive, but they also do not have to be changed as often as regular embroidery needles.

jalcumbrack  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:25:09 PM(UTC)

That is odd Pattiann, I have been testing some needles of late. I ordered some Organ Titanium needles and have been using them on some things I am making for someone and had to quit using them as they gummed up pretty bad. I would use them for some things, like fine lettering and detail work but not for other things that require using a sticky adhesive. They do last longer a bit but wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again.

Judy

pattiann  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:11:06 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This is their claim to fame. 

I prefer to use 505.

I just completed several blocks using a double layer of WSS (as stabilizer and as stabilizer + topper for some) along with 505 ...... the needle is still clean.

jalcumbrack  
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:49:27 AM(UTC)

You must have gotten a better needle than I did, it doesn't change the fact that for me it still gummed up pretty badly. It may be their claim to fame as you say, and to each their own, as with all aspects of sewing and embroidery, but for me it is an added expense that is not necessary. I can obtain the same or better results with another brand or a less expensive needle. I won't go out of my way to purchase them again.

I am happy they work so well for you, but for me, I will stick to what works best for me. I ended up tossing the project as it gummed up so badly that it looked horrible when finished. I did the same project using an Organ 75/11 needle, the same stabilizer, fabric and design, and it turned out simply wonderful.  Big Smile

debgamble  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:39:04 AM(UTC)

I also have been unlucky with "sticky" stabilizers and spray adhesives gumming up my needles (titanium included).  So I've started using either basting or magna hoops for projects.  Will continue to check this forum for valuable suggestions from all of you.

pat71896  
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:34:49 AM(UTC)

deb-being unlucky with sticky stabilizers and/or adhesives can be challenging.  I can imagine the frustration.

One thing that I have suspected for some time is that the various parts for ME may just be affected by humidity.  I feel like sticky stabilizer just might be one of them. 

When I get some debris on a needle, I take a little silicon, (http://www.annthegran.com/cs/forums/p/1353/6202.aspx#6202) and wipe the needle clean.  Use silicon lightly and spray away from the machine and breathing. 

BTW, I was just sewing a rather dense project and it started out with a small amount of puckering. I put another piece of stabilizer under the fabric and the puckering stopped immediately.   Sometimes we understabilize as we begin our projects, just slip more stabilizer under the hoop and you are home free!  Additionally, you get to use up that piece of stabilizer you just could not throw away because of its size.

Pat

sue_crockett  
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:10:42 PM(UTC)

Pat, I have found that keeping my sticky stabilizer in the freezer until time to use it helps it not to get on the needle.  Also, chromium or titanium needles (I can't remember which mine are) will not get as hot during operation, thus less sticky on the needle.  I use sticky almost all the time, because it hurts my hands to mess with the hoop so much. 

By the way, I just started reading this blog, and I really enjoy it and learn stuff too.  I hope this isn't much of duplication, because I haven't had time to read the whole thread.

SueC.