Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
annthegran  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 5:20:05 AM(UTC)

How do you like the AnnTheGran brand stabilizer? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

mjb125m  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 7:36:37 AM(UTC)

I am working on the verse lap quilt and using muslin and the light tear away stabilzer. It doesn't tear away as I thought it would. Could it be the small print in the designs? I haven't tried it on any thing else. I am a bit disappointed, but I am not giving up yet.

Mary

wclaffey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 3:26:50 AM(UTC)

I use ATG water soluble stabilizer (ATG-WS-0014) extensively and almost exclusively in making my appliques and refrigerator magnets.  I've tried severaly tear-aways, and they either don't seem to tear away cleanly or they tear away before the design is finished stitching.  With the water soluble stabilizer, I can use a damp cloth around the edges, and presto, all signs of stabilizer are gone!  I would reccomend this wonderful stabilizer for anyone interested in doing appliques or magnets.

Wanda Claffey

bpotts  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:46:16 AM(UTC)

I currently use Floriani stabilizers (that's what my shop carries) and wonder if any one can compare them to the ATG stabilizers.   I would be willing to switch and join the club if it was a better deal than I currently am getting.  I go thru a ton of it. 

anabell  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 9:14:50 PM(UTC)

I, too, have the Floriani stabilizers but I find that most of the time I use the Pellon Wash and Gone because it is inexpensive and works great on free standing lace which I love to do.  Have not found any tear away that works well.

wclaffey  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:50:13 PM(UTC)

[quote user="bpotts"]

I currently use Floriani stabilizers (that's what my shop carries) and wonder if any one can compare them to the ATG stabilizers.   I would be willing to switch and join the club if it was a better deal than I currently am getting.  I go thru a ton of it. 

I can't really help you there because I've never tried the Floriani stabilizers. I just ordered a box of 500 precut tearaway from "The Sewphisticated Stitcher" and was very disappointed as the stabilizer gives way before the stitching is nearly completed. Have also tried the stabilizers from Sulky and like the ATG stabilizers better.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

jalcumbrack  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:23:47 PM(UTC)

Paradise I have not used the Floriani stabilizers either,but have used Sulky and ATG. I like the ATG ones I have . The price is definatly right on them,I think I figured it out to $.53 per yard, if you get the economy size. That is very resonable for me. I like the ATG soft for backing t-shits and baby things,but I always use another heavier stabilizer with it if the fabric is light, or I use 2 pieces of soft,then I top it with WSS.The WSS I got from ATG works very well and seems to be thicker than what I was using.I also have the medium weight ATG sticky,and that is pretty good as well.It has a light tack on it so it is suitable for lighter weight things but I found that if you try to use it on something heavier it doesn't seem to work as well.So I use and iron on low tack with it and that seems to work very well like that.

For the most part I found that the ATG stabilizers work pretty well with most everything I have used them on.I intend to buy all of mine right here at ATG,as much as I go through you can't beat the price.It makes my addiction a bit more affordable.

pat71896  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:34:24 AM(UTC)

I have ordered some ATG stabilizer and cannot wait to try it. 

For me, seeing how Ann cares about her website and clients, I feel that she is the type of person who would want to put her name on the best available.  

There is an old saying about price is long forgotten but quality is permanent. 

Additionally, I have observed Judy for a while and I can see she is financially prudent and quality concerned.  I think her judgment appears to have substance.  If Judy says so, I can count on that.

Wclaffey - I did the same thing!  I bought a huge roll of tear away, at a real bargain, and need to build a fire with it one of these days. 

Pat

jalcumbrack  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 11:06:10 AM(UTC)

Paradise I guess I should have said it was a lot of product for the money. I have bought other's (who shall remain nameless) that I paid much more for that were not worth the postage I paid for it,let alone the cost of it.( the sticky made nice shelf paper though) Some times I don't splain things to well. I think I have a lapse between brain and fingers going on here!

Ann's Stabilizers are a quality product,for what I paid for it.I love her WSS ! The medium tear away is very good as well.I am always careful when I use any tear  away.

ozarknana  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:27:13 AM(UTC)

I use to use exclusively Floriani stabilizer...I ran out and knew that if I ordered it from my regular supplier I would be waiting 10 days, minimum.  So, I thought, why not, I'll order it from ATG and see what happens.  Well, what happened is I fell in love with it!  The wss and the medium weight tear-away were every bit as good as the Floriani, the price couldn't be beat and the shipping was very quick.  I'll never go back!!

M

caroljnase  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:30:15 AM(UTC)

I have been using different ATG stabilizers and find that most work quite well, especially if I use them the right way(!). I have been well impressed with the ease of ordering and with the prompt delivery of anything I have ordered.

pat71896  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:59:56 AM(UTC)

The ATG Stabilizers cannot be beat!  Price and quality are very important and these stabilizers have it all.

I have used all the known and some of the unknown brands.  I never did use the coffee filter!   I am delighted to find all of the criteria I want here at ATG.

Pat

karana  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:06:56 AM(UTC)

I love the price of the ATG roll of medium self stick/tear away stabilizer.  I find that my needle gets a little gummed up though compared to the brand that I used to buy from Joanne's. (my local fabric store)  I think the brand was OESD(?)   I really like the free design area, I think it's the most comprehensive compared to other sites.......and it's easy to navigate.   Thank-you!

mgjung  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:37:58 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I love the stabilizers, I have purchased sticky tear away, iron on tear away.  I was using Floriani and tried yours which is just as good but a much better price.

Merrilee

dalospecial  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:56:30 AM(UTC)

Hi  just wanted you to know I bought all different kinds of stabilizers and am so happy with all of them. The pictures I stitched came out beautiful. I did go through so many needles though is this normal?  There was  so much glue stuck on the needles that I needed to use a needle threader to thread them.  Then it broke and  I had to  change the needles almost after each color change. anyway I also bought the stabilizer with out stick on  and it worked beautiful and I saved on needles.  Love your products designs and reading  the blogs with all the helpful hints.  Donna Trammell

nanaluvn5  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:59:08 AM(UTC)

I purchased your stabilizer and water soluble topping while you were offering a l/2 off membership sale.   I love both of them.  The topping is thicker than I had been purchasing so I have not had early tears.  The tearaway, on the other hand, is great because it does tear easily.  I can do it without using a sharp objects. (I'm dangerous with sharp objects!)  I order some for my sister and she loves it also.  My daughter came to visit (and monogram) and she noticed how much better the soluble topping was.

So, I would (and do) recommend both of these products. 

Thank you for your website and all your advice.

Tricia Lee

janisruscio  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:49:54 AM(UTC)

I have tried the light, medium and heavy tear-away stabilizers from ATG.  They all work well for me.  I just make sure I use the right stabilizer for the right fabric and stitch count.  The price for the ATG stabilizers is good.

cheramierenee  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:26:18 AM(UTC)

I ordered sticky stabilizer and have been very pleased.  I had trouble finding this in stores here.  Ann the Gran had exactly what I needed.  The price was a bit cheaper than other sites I viewed.  I recieved my product in good time.  I've also ordered a few embroidery designs.  They have been fine.  Ordering is quick and easy, which is what I need!

stephstitches  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:44:15 AM(UTC)

I prefer Ann's stabilizer to all others I have used--will continue to use it!
lindag1  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:58:25 AM(UTC)

I have been using ATG heavy weight cutaway stabilizer and absolutely love it!  It is a great value and performs as good or better than any other brand I've tried.