Notification

Icon
Error

Options
sunshinewhyte1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:39:59 AM(UTC)

I'm very new to my machine (Brother PE700II) and unfortunately due to 3 kids and 2 jobs don't have much learning time.  I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.  I am trying to embroider a name on white fabric (lightweight cotton) in black thread.  I used white stabilizer and my bobbin thread is also white.  I find that the something(?) white is showing through on the front.  I've tried adjusting the thread tension multiple times and this doesn't solve the problem.  Should I be using black bobbin thread?  or is it the stabilizer and can I use black on the white fabric?  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciate!!!

Thanks!!!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 7:21:54 AM(UTC)

You are one busy lady!  I will try to be brief.  Do take some time (when you can) to read this blog on needles.  And, when you have time, read this forum for the PE700II.  Both of these will help you a lot.

I do encourage you to use black in your bobbin and make sure the stabilizer is strong enough for the project.  Always do a 'test sew out' because if you don't, you will pobably have a failed project. 

White stabilizer does not tell me anything, make sure it is cut-away and/or adhesive cut-away.  Your fabric is too light to be using tear-away stabilizer. 

Let us know how you are doing, you can upload photos when you reply by using the 'film strip' icon above and follow the prompts. 

Enjoying machine embroidery (ME) is a great and fulfilling joy, be sure you can find time for it.

Pat, The Avid Embroierer

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:22:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I use black on black or very dark fabrics and white on everything else - bobbin thread and stabilizer.

Put your tension setting back to the factory setting, or setting recommended in the manual. 

Thread the machine with the presser foot up.

Be sure the thread from the bobbin in coming off the bobbin in the correct direction and is going through all the guides.

A very dense design will need a heavier stabilizer than a design with less stitches.

A dense/heavy design will need cut away stabilizer and never tear away.

Test new designs before doing the project.  Always test with the same fabric, stabilizer, bobbin thread, top thread and needle that you will use for the final stitching.

Remove needle, throat plate and bobbin case and clean this area often.  The thinnest snip of thread or lint can cause a major headache.  Never use canned air - just a soft brush or cotton swab and a gentle touch.

Change needle often.