Notification

Icon
Error

Options
cnp119  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:53:53 AM(UTC)

When I embroider a name on a shirt, I can't seem to make the Brother PE 700II do two names. Where is the space? If I want to do first and last names, how can I make the machine skip a space so the names don't run together? Is this a stupid question?

Also, My PED basic card that I have had trouble with before, says it can't read the card. Do I have to turn OFF the machine, insert the card and then turn it on again?

You all have been very helpful, thanks!!!

Carolyn

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:34:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Go through the alphabet to the underscore key - that will make a space - nothing will stitch where you use the underscore key.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:58:43 AM(UTC)

Carolyn -

I had the same problem with my PE700 until someone told me that the icon (I think about the 3rd group to the right) that shows an underscore is actually the space.  Duh!

Reference the PED card, did you put it into another machine and use it?  That is what happened to mine.  I used it in the PE700 and worked just fine.  Then I used it in my Babylock Ellageo and now it won't work in the PE700.  I talked to the dealer and they were surprised too.  The software is the same.  I really need to contact Brother and/or Babylock to find out what gives.

They do use the same PED-Basic, so it does not make sense.

Since the PE700II is relatively new, I was wondering if you read the forum post I made about using this terrific machine?  You can read it here.  There is some good info in it and since I worked hard on it, wonder what people think of it.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

borden47  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:26:42 PM(UTC)

Carolyn,

As PattiAnn stated the Underscore is the space needed between words.  Same case on sewing machines that have some fonts on them.

Brother recommends that the PED Basic Card be placed into the machine and then turned on.  Turn off machine and then remove card.  This also applies to USB Flash Drives.  However, I have removed my flash drives while my machine was turned on and nothing happened.  I don't make a habit of it though.

Joan

amanda1  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 12:46:00 AM(UTC)

Hey there Pat,

hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year - like your idea for Resolutions, maybe if I stick mine on my computer I will be able to stick to them!!

I love your PE700ll forum post - I have this machine and am still new (just don't have enought time) and being that I don't go for lessons (too far and no time), I found your forum very informative and helpful.

As I have said before - I would be lost without this website and everyone's input.

Thanks Pat and God bless.

Amanda

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:34:52 AM(UTC)

Thank you so much Amanda, God blesses me everyday and probably more than I deserve.  That is one nice thing about a blessing, it can be multiplied many times over.

IMHO, the ATG site is the premiere site for information, quality designs and products and friendship!  How could you ask for more.

Pat, The Avid Embriderer