Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
annthegran  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 5:03:46 AM(UTC)

How do you like Alphabet Xpress? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

alssweetheart  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 8:07:47 AM(UTC)

Alphabet Xpress is a great program, very easy to navigate it and the tool bar works well.  There should be a better mix of fonts in the primary fonts that come with the first set.  I used the trial download and am anticipating getting the full version.  I have 2 different digitizing programs and the fonts are included with them.  It would be nice if you had your own digitizing program and include the Alphabet Xpress with some of the really cute  fonts that are out now.

I would definitely encourage someone to purchase the Alphabet Xpress if they were in need of a lettering program.

Carol Peterson:  alssweetheart

alssweetheart  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:54:11 AM(UTC)

Hello, I love the AlphabetXpress! I just bought 4 new fonts to go in it and can't figure out how to get them into the program. When I open the file it opens in PE Design7  Layout and Editing.  Is it supposed to open in another program?  If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.  I want to start using my new fonts!!  It's like a birthday present and I can't get the wrapping paper off : )  Thanks, Carol Peterson

jalcumbrack  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 9:40:09 PM(UTC)

Geeked I just purchased Alphabet Express and Catalog Express. I love them both!! I like Alphabet x because it is so easy to use.I would have liked it to contain more fonts to start but otherwise it is a great program .It's ease of use and navigation is wonderful.I have used so many programs that were so hard to navigate you have to be a computer xpert to get around on them.

The Catalog X is also easy to use and navigate.Everything on it works well,but I wish you could save everything to it.I love that fact that I can do everything in one program,instead of before, I was all over the computer trying to do it all.It was not only confusing but I would forget which one did which thing.Of course what ever I did was always the wrong thing for that particular program.

I would reccomend both products to anyone ,especially those just getting started in embroidery.It will save a lot of your hair,trust me!!LOL.

Thanks Ann, for thinking of something so simple to use.! They are both just wonderful!

alssweetheart  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:15:00 PM(UTC)

Hello, About the Alphabet Xpress, I really like that you can resize the letters and when you look at your project on the screen if you don't like it just click cancel and it takes you back to the original screen you were working on.

As far as the alphabet that I couldn't get to work in the Alphabet Xpress: The Ann The Gran Alphabets do not work in this program (someone needs to format them so they will !!)  There are special fonts that work in the Alphabet Xpress, check out this web page http://www.annthegran.co...aspx?q=fonts   There are 9 more fonts that will go into the Alphabet Xpress.

It is always good to learn something new : )

Alssweetheart

jalcumbrack  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:44:45 PM(UTC)

Geeked Hey,Thanks for the info! But which 9 is it? I know Laura does as I have that one ,so how so you know which ones will and which ones won't? Is there some way to tell?

beamishboy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:52:15 PM(UTC)

Hi, Judy,

You can view all the available add-on fonts for Alphabet Xpress here:

http://www.annthegran.com/Search.aspx?q=alphabet%20xpress

The idea when we made this software was to provide only a few popular fonts in the software so that we could keep the price of the software very low (I don't think there is a lettering program on the market that offers better value), and then to gradually create fonts from all of Ann's popular alphabets.

It does take a little time to properly convert one of Ann's alphabets to a font that can be used in Alphabet Xpress, but if you or anyone has specific favorite alphabets of Ann's that you want us to bring over into Alphabet Xpress, I'd love to hear your suggestions, as we are currently trying to choose the next four or six to convert.

BB

jalcumbrack  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:20:13 AM(UTC)

Thanks Beamishboy ! I was looking at the alphabets earlier trying to decide which one I will get next and some of my faves are:Annie,Alexi,Blends,Cottage,Fleur, and Murphey.I am sure everyone has their own too.

You are right too that ATG has one of the lowest prices I have seen.It was the way to bring it so that way everyone can get their faves without having to buy ones they really don't want or need.

I do understand that it does take time to convert them properly as well and I am waiting with bated breath until the next one's come out.Nothing worth waiting for happens fast !Big Smile

All in all I am very,very happy with the way the Alphbet X works and am working on some things now for gifts for Christmas(yes I know I am very early,but it takes me twice as long to do the things I used to do twice as fast !LOL)(If that makes any sense to you)

The ease of use of both Alphabet X and Catalog X  amaze me after all the years I have spent  wading through some other programs to do this and was really never happy with my results.Thanks to the ATG folks it is simple and easy to use(for us not so talented computer users!)

I was also looking at my recent post and cannot believe how badly I messed those up.Good Lord,do I need new glasses or what?! Sadly I even read them through twice for errors.

Again Thanks for helping with the alphabets for the AE ! Geeked

seashell-uk  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:23:09 PM(UTC)

I loved alphabet express, run with no trouble at all on my old windows xp machine, but now I have a new computer running Vista, sadly now I can no longer use it as it is not compatable with Vista, and vista will not even let me install it, will the makers of this programme ever be bringing out an update for it, as at the moment I feel as though I have wasted my money in buying it.

beamishboy  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 4:32:22 AM(UTC)

Some good news for you on this. Alphabet Xpress is compatible with any Windows Vista version prior to the 64-bit edition. The good news is that we now have the 64-bit version ready to go and will be uploading it within the next day or two. In other words, you will be able to use Alphabet Xpress and Catalog Xpress with your 64-bit Windows Vista.

Watch our Product forum for the offical announcement.

tourlady522  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:54:33 AM(UTC)

I love Alphabet Express. Even though it only has a few fonts they are wayyyy better than what I had to use before.

I like how I can add my picture and have it stitched out as one design.

Thanks for another great product.

luanne00  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:05:59 AM(UTC)

Could not believe how easy Alphabet Xpress is to use. Wish I had purchased it a long time ago.

danandshan6  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:02:37 AM(UTC)

I like the Alpahbet Express program.  I finally decided to buy it after using the 30 day trial period some time ago since I can make some many more things with it than I can with my machine alone.  The support has also been good because when I did have trouble I got a quick answer that solved my problem.  This is a really cool program, and I have had a lot of fun using it to make gifts and logos.

sbooze  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:08:37 AM(UTC)

I love Alphabet Xpress! I love to create my designs by adding different fonts and other designs that I couldn't put together without this program. I have tried other programs and they do not compare with the ease of using Alphabet Xpress. The only thing I would change would be the font collection as it is not very inspiring. I believe this is a "have to have" program for anyone who loves to embroider.

singinsal  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:30:31 AM(UTC)

I purchased Alphabet Xpress after using the 30 trial.  I have been very happy with this product, I wish there were more fonts and that there was a way to make more adjustments to the designs that are imported.   I have several fonts built into my machine, but Alphabet Xpress allows me to put the text exactly where I want it and the ability to price an actual size of the design helps with placement.  For the price it is a great product! 

amylacelove  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:42:41 AM(UTC)

I love Alphabet Express. Like other people I wish that it came with more unique fonts with the initial purchase. The fonts that come with it are too similar to each other and fonts on my machine. It's easy to use and I like being able to adjust my lettering so easily. I also like importing designs with the fonts. This product is very useful.

erieffel  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:31:24 AM(UTC)

I absolutely love Alphabet Xpress!  I bought it last year when I first bought my embroidery machine.  I have used it dozens of times to personalize everything under the sun for my 8 grandbabies (all 4 and under!)  I just purchased the Alphabet Xpress Font Bundle so now I have them all and am anxiously awaiting new ones.  I do have a digitizing program that does lettering, but Alphabet Xpress comes out so much nicer and is much easier!

Thanks!

Edith

debgamble  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:07:25 AM(UTC)

As you'll see by my post on Catalog Xpress, I'm a newbie on ME and Alphabet Xpress also is a great program to allow me to use my laptop for quick designs instead of having to tap out on my machine screen.  I'm sure as I get more proficient in alpha embroidery, I'll have some suggestions, but right now, I'm thrilled with what I can do with the fonts and program.

pamela256  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:02:11 PM(UTC)

Alphabet Xpress is so easy to use, no one should ever be without it.   I have created so many individualized

gifts over the past year with Alphabet Xpress.  I do wish there were more fonts available.

All in all, this program is a realy good deal.   I am anxiously awaiting any new fonts that may become available.

Pam

nancieb  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 12:44:15 AM(UTC)

I have enjoyed and used the alphabet xpress many times.  My only complant, is there are not enough fonts with it.  I know I can purchase more, but I think more should be offered with it.  I would have paid a little more for it with more fonts

Nan