Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
edithspain  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:58:10 AM(UTC)

HI ANN

I FIRST BOUGHT CATALOGUE EXPRESS 4 YEARS AGO AND THOUGHT IT WAS FANTASTIC.SO QUICK TO TRY AND FIND SOMETHING.

USED IT LOTS. HOWEVER WITH NEW COMPUTER THOUGHT I COULD LOAD ON 2 AND USE IT AS SUCH. YOU MUST HAVE SWITCHED ME OFF ON OLD COMPUTER AND LOST ALL MY VERY VERY HARD WORK ON THIS COMPUTER.

WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH NICER IF YOU HAD GIVEN ME A WARNING BEFORE SWITCHING OFF!!!!!

I AM TRULY DEVASTATED, TO HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK AGAIN.

I THAN BOUGHT THE NEW VERSION FOR MY NEW COMPUTER AND HAVE WORKED WITH IT FOR A FEW DAYS.

NOTHING AS GOOD AS THE OLD ONE. WHYYYYYYYYYY

BECAUSE AS YOU MOVE THE CURSOR ON THE SIDE TO GO UP AND DOWN TO LOAD DESIGNS, THE DESIGN INDEX MOVES AS WELL, SO THE MAIN INDEX WITH NAMES IS DISAPEARING RAPIDLY UNDER OTHER NAMES. HAVE TO HUNT TO FIND THEM AND THAT IS AFTER JUST A FEW DAYS.

CAN NOT MOVE THEM BACK PROPERLY AS THEY SHOULD BE.SO GIVE ME THE OLD VERSION ANYDAY.

KIND REGARDS,

EDITH

gstosick  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:12:56 AM(UTC)

I have had Catalog X now for a few months and I love the ease of finding the many, many, many designs I've accumulated. My only question is I have trouble going back to my starting point when entering the designs. I wish there was a back up button for the screen before. If I make a new folder, the pending screen disappears. (now I'm sounding really picky) The program is marvelous but I guess I always want more frosting! Maybe I need a computer that could also do my dishes so I could spend more time at my machines.
debgamble  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:04:32 AM(UTC)

I became a new member of the machine embroidery club in 2007 after I discovered I was going to be a grandmother to twin girls and a great grandmother to a baby girl in June 2007 (born within 2 weeks of each other).  I went to a stitcher/quilting show and was passing by a booth doing a demo of the Brother Duetta 4000D stitching Winnie the Pooh (a theme of the great grandaughter), and of course bought it.  Thought I'd have buyer's remorse afterward, but boy have I enjoyed it.  What a kick (addictive).  My local store where I bought the machine has been super in teaching me about ME and steered me to Ann The Gran - a lifesaver.  Like most newbies, I started downloading free designs like crazy and Catalog Xpress has saved my mind on getting everything organized (over 7000 free and purchased designs).  Luckily, I am rather computer savey, so I was ablt to figure out the program quickly.  Love the program and my new hobby!!  I made a great quilt for the twin's 1st birthday using the free Animal Alphabet design on Ann's site.  Will post a pic of it later. 

altslady  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:23:16 PM(UTC)

I am very happy with the Catalog Express. I probably am not using the whole program since I am not able to use the internet, but I am totally enjoying loading all my saved patterns. I am able to see the patterns all together and pick the best one for my projects. I was surprised that I had to have the patterns in another file also to be able to use them with my Brother software. I could not access the Catalog Express directly from my digitizing software. I may not be doing something correctly. But that does add a few more steps when I want to view or change the pattern before sewing it. Carla Chesebro

jerolene  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:44:20 PM(UTC)

I purchased the Catalog Express from  Ann the Gran. At first I thought I had made a HUGE mistake, but with the help of the support team I finally learned how to use it. The only thing I really am dissapointed with is I have to leave all the designs on the computer which takes up LOTS of space, although I can reformat all my floppy disks and not have to keep buying more. I will make a back-up on a CD or USB flash drive of all the designs when I finish cataloging them to keep them safe. Thanks so much for all the help I received from the support team. J. Williams

rosalindbooth  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:06:16 PM(UTC)

I had downloaded the trial over a year ago and  loved it.  Of course the trial was over.  I finally am able to purchase it and I'm having all types of problems getting it to download and be usable.  I can't wait to be organized, but as the days wear on, and no phone support is available my excitement to finally have it is fizzling.  I can only use one hand so the typing is a bug.  I give it two more days, and I will return it.  I understood the lack of support on the weekend.  But I am frustrated.  Please help!!!!!!!!

nestingowl  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:43:36 PM(UTC)

My catalog express gets used often and I love it. I don't get to use my machine as often as I would like, but the catalog express helps me to organize and change my designs so easily that it gives me more time. I haven't found anything better or easier

debgamble  
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:01:54 AM(UTC)

I really urge you to be patient and get Catalog Xpress up and running.  Hopefully you'll get the support soon and will enjoy the program.  Sorry I can't help you more than this, but again I encourage you to be patient.

pat71896  
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:31:43 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all the positive encouragement.

How many have suffered with a new program that somehow did not get all the 'bugs' worked out of them?  Ask Bill Gates. . . .  Where did I put my keys to my Edsel? 

Trust me on this . . the person who was the programmer and the quality person who missed this are both not sleeping well.  At the minimum, they are embarrassed and at maximum, they are questioning their own abilities. 

Let those who are without error write the next computer program!

Pat

ps:  I use my CatalogExpress every day.  It keeps everything organized which is more than I can say for myself personally.

pat71896  
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:38:58 AM(UTC)

To all who have this same question as Linda has about colors and designs. 

There is actually a (un)reasonable explaination:  Colors  So, the color issue is really a small inconvenience.  If we only have this as a problem, we are really fortunate.

I would love to see this issue repaired, but I feel like there are more interesting things to do in embroidery.  Every time the computer guys/gals come up with a new feature, I am so delighted (and, of course, want it now!!).

Pat

atgadmin  
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:50:24 AM(UTC)

Hi Rosalin:

Please tell us what kind of problem or error message you get after you download the files.We need more information about the nature of the problem and also the error message you get in order to determine what kind of problem you are having.Please send a detail message to support@annthegran.com and we will look into it .

nannagregory  
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:50:42 AM(UTC)

Ann,

This is just the program that I have looked for to organize, print, etc. all of my embroidery patterns.  Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Pat

atgadmin  
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 11:33:58 AM(UTC)

Hi. I have not been able to download the Catalog Xpress 2.5 as yet but I have seen it advertised for several years and thought it would be a great way to keep things organized.  I have visited with a few others and they really like it.  I will really like being able to re-size, change colors, and all the other features that 2.5 listed.  I have not been able to do much embroidery work the last few years because of family illness, but I hope to get back to it real soon and I am really excited about learning how to use the 'Catalog Xpress 2.5.     Thanks   Evelyn Maloney

glendaterry  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 12:59:43 AM(UTC)

i waited a long time to be able to purchase this.  i tried it a long time ago, and was so impressed.  i have been using it about a week now, and  so much love it.  it makes it so easy to be able to look at my designs and tell the size and how much stitch count is going to be.  to be able to make a decision as to whether that design is the one i want is just so exciting.  also being able to change the format (pes, hus, etc.... is so well worth it.  sometimes you find a design in different from what you need, but being able to convert it is going to make it so much more enjoyable.  thanks for the product.  just wish i could have gotten it sooner.

[quote user="AnnTheGran"]

How do you like Catalog Xpress? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

barbthy  
#35 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:06:33 AM(UTC)

[quote user="AnnTheGran"]

How do you like Catalog Xpress? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

I have a new computer and I can't load it,I have a serial no:

I have a new computer and am trying to load capalogXPress and it wor't let me- here is the serrial no on my disk

pattiann  
#36 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:33:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You will need to contact customer service when there is an issue with a product.  Click on Contact at the bottom left of any screen.

kt3234  
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:18:10 AM(UTC)

I downloaded the trial version of Catalog Express and I am loving it! I only had about a ten minute learning curve with it, and now am finding it enjoyable and easy to use. I like being able to store all the designs into categories and sub categories. I see that it is on sale for this week only for $99. I am hoping that you would please extend this sale to the first of July at least. My birthday is on the 1st and I usually get some money. I would buy it if it stays at this sale price. Please, please extend this sale price. It is a really useful program to have and I would love to purchase it! I also think anyone would be delighted with it as it makes finding your designs that much easier. Then the fact that you can convert to different formats and the rest of features are just cake! This is a wonderful product and I would recommend it highly to anyone and hope it will stay on sale. Thank you, Karen

crafterbarbara  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:40:25 PM(UTC)

I also downloaded the program, but did not have your success.  Could not move a design into the different catagories.  Also my 4D program for writing to the card with Reader/Writer box quit working.  So I uninstalled the Catalog Express and back working.

Sorry cause I really thought I would love the organization of this product. 

pat71896  
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 8:12:08 AM(UTC)

Design organization is a daunting problem for all of us.

Contact Support (via the Contact Link at the bottom of any page) and have them help you. 

The software is very good, and if you are having problems, Support can help.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

crafterbarbara  
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 8:54:49 AM(UTC)

I uninstalled the program as this only would allow me to use my Reader/Writer box.  My only way to download on to my cards for my machine.  I don't know if I will try it again.  But thank you for resonding to my plea.  Sure would like to find a program to organize all the designs I have.