Notification

Icon
Error

Options
shelleyjr  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 11:40:40 PM(UTC)

I would like to know how many stitches you all have on your machines. In only 2 months, I have over a million stitches on my machine. Is this too much to ask from a PE700II? The needle bar needs replaced already. 

I am considering a PR620. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.Wink

Shelley

shelleyjr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:49:29 AM(UTC)

I just got off the phone with Brother. They suggested getting my PE 700 II serviced every 700K stitches. At that rate I will be taking my machine every other month. I seem to be putting 500K stitches on my machine per month. Are the rest of you taking your machine in that often?

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:40:16 AM(UTC)

That is nearly 16,700 stitches per day.  I cannot advise you on a different machine, but I think that PE700 should be able to handle that many stitches per day.   My PE700 went in 3 times in the first year but I did have tension problems.

You may need to have it serviced every 5 or 6 weeks if you are doing that much work.  It seems you may be closer to being a professional embroiderer and need a more advanced machine.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

shelleyjr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:30:39 AM(UTC)

Pat,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know how many stitches you allow on your machine before you get it serviced? Time seems irrelevant since everyone doesn’t do the same about of stitches per month. The number of stitches is a much better way of maintaining our machines. I was just shocked that the Brother guy told me to get it serviced every 700K stitches. In my case that would be every 6 weeks.

And yes, I am considering a commercial machine (PR620) but I can’t afford it right now. My work has slowed down, but the embroidery has picked up. The economy freaks me out. I just don’t want to be in that much debt with my business slowing down.

Thanks for any feedback!

Shelley

robinseggs  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:14:35 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I am a newbie and I just got a brother pe700ii about two weeks ago.  How do you know how many stitches you have done already?

I didn't even realize these machines had to be serviced?  Does anyone know how much that costs?

Thanks

Robin

mrscw  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:35:21 PM(UTC)

I would like to know the same answer as Robin please!

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 4:29:05 AM(UTC)

Ladies - You have the numbers at your finger tips.  Try this:

• One your lower left screen, there are three buttons (the dark shaded ones)

• The first one looks like a design in a hoop - that takes you back to the main menu (what is shown in this diagram)
  • The second one looks like a piece of paper with a list - that takes you to some options like showing the time or color needed
  • The third one with the machine and question mark is - Help

To check for number of stitches, select the 2nd icon and press the lower left arrow once.  You will see the total number of stitches (second item) and the number of stitches since the last servicing.

Many machines are under warranty for 1 or 2 years.  I recommend servicing at the 5th month and the 11th month unless you are having problems.  If you are having problems, take it immediately to servicing.  I do recommend that your 11th (or 23 month if 2 years) servicing be carefully planned by you because once out of warranty, it is your problem if something goes wrong.

I did have problems with a Brother machine and the dealership was less than professional.  I had documented it very well, but when they failed to fix it within the warranty time, it became my problem.  I don't do any business there anymore.

And, notice item number 7 on the diagram.  When transporting your machine, be SURE to put it into its 'storage position.'

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 2:17:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Very helpful information.  I have over 1 million stitches on my BLE.  I guess it's time to make an appointment with the doctor!