Notification

Icon
Error

Options
debbiann  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 11:25:19 PM(UTC)

I am new to embroidery, I have the PE700.....got this from my aunt.

My problem is my top thread keeps fraying and breaking...I have tried several different adjustment

but I can't get it to work right.  The designs I am trying to work with I downloaded on the internet.

Our sewing shop went under and I am really at my wits end.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:55:59 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The fraying and breaking is not necessarily the tension.

It could be the auto threading system.

Try threading the machine with the presser foot in the up position.  If the fraying continues, lift the presser foot and thead manually.  How to do this should be in the instruction manual.

This site may help you find a dealer - http://www.brother-usa.c...port&WT.cg_s=Service

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:07:03 AM(UTC)

Debbieann- Pattiann is right, it is not necessarily the tension and, frankly, there are lots of reasons it is fraying.

The thread might be very old and therefore, dried up.  It might be a poor quality thread and of course, your needle could be dull or have a burr in the eye.  If the machine has not been in use for a long time, I strongly recommend that you have it serviced by an embroidery technician.  You are probably aware that sewing and embroidery are really different processes.

Please read my forum post for the PE-700.  There are plenty of tips to help you learn about your machine.  Additionally, I have a blog which covers many topics in embroidery and this one, 'What I Wish I Had Known. . .' is great for a newbie.  So, read, ask questions in this forum, and then read more.  If you have the manual, it has lots of info in it as well.

This is the best group on the Net, and I am proud to be associated with it!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer