Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ohappyday  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:42:30 AM(UTC)

Since I'm a newby and have not been to Orlando, maybe someone could give particulars about, not only the itinerary for being there, but

for getting there....do you plan a flight, drive, etc....Just wondering.....

jnbmd  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:29:49 AM(UTC)

Ok so now I have found the right place for my answer to your travel question

People come by all manner of transportation.  I live about an hour from Orlando so I shall be driving but ladies flew in from other parts of the country.  The Orlando Airport (MCO) is very convenient to the hotel about 15 or so minutes.  The airport does not provide shuttle service but I did find this information on the hotel web site 

Orlando International (MCO)

• Distance: 15 MI / 24.14 KM North West to Hotel
  • Taxi Charge (one way):  $59.00  (USD)
  • Time by taxi: 20 minutes
  • Hwy 528 W to Universal Blvd. Turn right on Universal Blvd, 4 miles and make left on International Drive. Hotel is 1/2 mile on right. CBC Transportation-1-877-WDW-TAXI for local transportation 
Of course there is always car rental :-)
You can also fly into the Orlando/Sanford airport.   Taxi charge is $93.00 one way

the hotel does have shuttle service to Universal Studios and Wet and Wild.  There is also the I-Drive Trolley (named because it runs on International Drive) and that cost about $1.25 per day.  - no I do not work for the hotel but my daughter is getting married in Orlando next january so i know more about Orlando than I ever thought possibled
Marsha Blunk
pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 7:41:35 AM(UTC)

Marsha!  I did not know that you worked for Orlando Chamber of Commerce!!  Surprise

Actually, I have the same information for Sea World and the San Diego Zoo which are very near to me.  It helps to let people know what to expect.

Thanks for all that info!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer