Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lonestarkayaker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:33:35 AM(UTC)

In the users manual the "Starting Point Key"  moves the needle start position to align the needle with the pattern postion. Once you touch it, the screen shows the grid pattern that "moves the needle to the position of the selected needle start position. The next picture shows another button that movves the frame to check the pattern position.

My questions are:

1. What does it mean and why would you want to "move the needle start position to align the needle with the pattern postion?

2. Why would you want to move the needle to another start position?

3. Is the button that moves the frame to check the pattern position what I need to do to check if the magna hoop  is big enough for my pattern- I think someone called it Trace?

Thanks,

Barbara          

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:56:24 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You didn't state exactly, but I have a feeling you are asking about the MH software.

I don't use the software.  I use the EM features for checking and adjusting center and the perimeter of the design

Once you find the needle center position you can jog the design left, right, top and bottom. 

This helps when you have marked center on the fabric, hoop it and then find the needle center position is a bit off the center mark on the fabric. 

You can then jog the needle center position to match the center mark on the fabric.

Trace is what you use to make sure the stitching does not hit the frame, or just to be sure where the perimeter is.

Also check that the presser foot does not hit the frame or it will throw the frame off.

lonestarkayaker  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:17:52 AM(UTC)

Patti Ann,

The Magna Hoop software and hoop will be arriving in the next few  days.  My machine does not  have something called "trace" and I was trying to figure out if the button with the dotted line forming a rectangle and arrow pointing down which says it moves the frame to check the pattern position is the same thing.

Also, what is EM?

Thanks,

Barbara

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:50:25 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

EM is a shortcut for Embroidery Machine - saves a lot of keystrokes.

Check the manual for your EM - it should have this feature and perhaps it is referred to by another name.

The Ellegante refers to this as "trial".