Notification

Icon
Error

Options
chbranch  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 11:59:09 PM(UTC)

Just a piece of advice for all of you new to digital scrapping.  One of the best ways I've found to learn is by posting my layouts to the gallery and asking for creative advice from other scrappers.  If I'm trying to get a certain look, I'll ask that in my description and I've always gotten wonderful advice.  Be sure to let everyone know what program you're using and someone will give you step by step directions!  Much cheaper than buying a book or going to a training course!

Looking at what others have posted in the galleries can give you ideas for creating your own pages too.  When I'm not feeling very creative, I will often look in the gallery to find a layout that I like and then use the same basic pattern with the papers, elements and photos that I'm trying to use - in the digi-world, it's called "scraplifting".  Reading the praise people leave on your layouts in the galleries helps you to stay motivated too!  After all, we scrapbook so that we can share our memories (and adorable photos!) with others.  So go visit the galleries today and get motivated to start scrapping.  That's what I'm off to do now!

kraftycat  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 10:42:59 PM(UTC)

Very true, and why it can be a super nice thing when you are going through the galleries to leave some nice comments as you go.  Sometimes you'll start scraplifting and end up with something totally different

saraellis  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:25:31 AM(UTC)

this is so true...

thanks for sharing this advice for everyone...

I'd love to see some "new" layouts in the gallery Smile