Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 4:24:57 AM(UTC)

This is a question from another Forum, I am placing it here for convenience:

Please help!! I just bought a  PE 700 machine and PED basic to go with it. the instructions told me to download drivers from the brother site since i have a windows 7 for the ped basic. did that....now what?  It would have been helpful if i had gotten some detailed instructions with it. How do i get designs? How do i put them on the card? it had a few designs on it, now there are none and the only box it lets me click on when i pull up the ped basic window opens a box that gives me choices of  desktop and card. i'm assuming these are choices to import designs, but when i click on that, nothing. Please tell me how to work this before it goes out the window!!!!!

Software always has a learning curve, but this one is relatively simple, so let's get started with:

1. Let's download a design.  Here at AnnTheGran, you can go to "DOWNLOAD DESIGNS" and working through the prompts, select any design.  In the View Category, I selected Angels.  There are 2 pages of designs.  Please note that there is an icon showing an arrow (shown in row 2, column 2) and these are available to anyone.  The ones without the download arrow are for those who have joined Ann's Club.  More about that in another forum.
  2. Select your design and press the download button.   The download will ask you to "Open" or "Save,"  I prefer to use the Open.  (personal preference only).  At this point, I select the design and right click my mouse and select Cut.   I then go to my designs area that I have selected and do a paste in the appropriate folder.  Never let the design simply "save" because it will be difficult to find at a later time. 
  3. I assume that you have already set up your PED-Basic.  Open it, and make sure that the size area (upper left corner) indicates your largest hoop size.  In your case, it is 5" by 7."   You can see that in inches or millimeters. 
  4. Just below that sizing box is the file box.  Select it and work your way to your folder that contains the design(s).
  5. Select the folder in which your design resides and press OK.  (We never hit anything, please select or press your information.)
  6. You must have your USB Card Writer Box attached to your PC and the card in place.
  7. Select the design(s) you want to use and a midscreen arrow pointing to the right comes alive. 
  8. Select the download arrow at the bottom of the screen and await the card to accept the information.
  9. Take card to your machine and on the machine's screen, you will see an icon that looks like the memory card.  Select that and select your design.

You are ready to embroider!  It takes longer to describe than it does to actually do the events. 

BTW, many people are big fans of using a USB stick (Your machine does not has that function) but the fact is that when you place 50 or 60 designs on the USB stick, it takes time to go, page by page, through those designs.  Using the memory card is not all that bad.  Dollar for dollar, upgrading to the USB stick machine is just a 'bells and whistles' sort of thing.  You have all you need for doing great projects.

You are going to enjoy your new machine, show us your first project, or the next, or the next, etc.

Hope this helps!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer