Notification

Icon
Error

Options
joycegalassi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:22:18 PM(UTC)

Hi!  I live in Clermont.  Hope to attend the next Community Circle in March!  I have a Viking Designer I, anxious to learn more.

jalcumbrack  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 12:09:39 AM(UTC)

Hi Joycegalassi,

Welcome to the wonderful world of embroidery! Just ask away and I am sure someone in here will give you an answer! that is the beauty of a site like this where there are so many knowledgeable people! Some have been sewing since they were kids and some are just as new to the site as you. It is an interesting mix of folks just waiting to help you out!

Again Welcome and enjoy what you are doing, never forget that is the most important thing with this! Just have fun with it! See you at the Community Circle, if they ever announce when and where it will be!!!Hint Hint! Oh by the way I live in Ruskin area.

Happy Stitchin'!  Wink  Feel free to add you pictures to the Galleries section also.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 2:03:01 AM(UTC)

Judy said it well - Welcome to AnnTheGran (ATG) and machine embroidery (ME). 

People here love their craft and enjoy talking about and sharing their ideas and suggestions.  My suggestion is to read, read, and then, read some more.

You might check this forum for the PE700II discussion.  While it was written for a Brother machine, so many of the techniques are the same for any machine.

Welcome again, and ask a lot of questions.  Try to 'stump' the ME users here. . . Wink

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

clarkpc456  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 7:49:09 AM(UTC)

Judy,

Hi!

My name is Cathy Clark and I live in Ocala, FL. I have a 3 yr. old Janome 300E and would LOVE to upgrade to the type of machine you have. You said it wasn't new---where did you get it and did you trade in your old Janome?

Any info you can give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Cathy

bbsue@btconline.net  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:30:03 AM(UTC)

Hi, Cathy,

I have a Janome MB-4 and I just love it. I bought it in Jacksonville, Fla. I have used brother 6500, 1500D, PR600. Of all these I like the Janome best. It is simplest to operate and so far I have not found anything it won"t handle. I do all my own designs using Embird software and this machine stitches out beautifully.

Bsue

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:56:12 AM(UTC)

Cathy - Now is a great time to upgrade to a new machine because several companies have brought out their newest models, and you can get an upgrade at most dealers.  I personally wanted to upgrade and saw several that would have been terrific for me, but alas, not everything works out some days.  They don't upgrade every year, it is more like 2, 3 or more years!

Machine embroiderers (ME) tend to keep their old machines in many cases.  If you ask long time ME enthusiasts, you are likely to find them to have 2 to 4 (or more) machines.  I have no idea why, they just do.  I personally have two machines and would have kept my original machine if I could have afforded it when I bought my BabyLock.

Machine costs are a well kept secret.  Most companies do not make the slightest hint on the price, but do steer you toward their dealers.  A dealer has some rules to follow, but when it comes to trade-ins, I think they get whatever the traffic will bear.  My trade up was to cost me $1,900 for a USED machine.  I feel like a well treated friend of the dealer, and was surprised by the price difference.  The dealer certainly needs to stay in business, and I want to have my machine serviced with them because I have confidence in them.  All that takes money to keep a good staff.

Pat