Notification

Icon
Error

Options
hugos4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:24:19 AM(UTC)

I keep getting the message that the upper thread is broken every few stitches when in fact it is not. I've done everything that I should and rethreaded, changed the needle and went to a vertical thread stand but no luck. What am I missing? I even blew some canned air in there thinking that something must be caught but no luck either. Anyhow I saved the design and shut the machine off for now because of the frustration. Will try again tomorrow.

Cyndee

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:19:19 AM(UTC)

Hello,

Are you trying to sew out a free design or purchased design?  Please e-mail support@annthegran.com providing this information and also please include the make and model of  your sewing machine.

Thank you

AnntheGran support

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 4:57:06 AM(UTC)

Cyndee-I can hear your frustration all the way to San Diego!

Sometimes we get our hands on some really old thread.  I remember when I got my first machine, the dealer let me have 20 spools of thread that were all in a basket, and not on the wall with the remainder.  That should have been my first clue!

Even if you just bought it, it could be really old, especially if it was on sale or on the Internet.  Unsuspecting buyers have been getting a bad deal for years on this issue.  Please do check out my vehicle warning on this site.  It is an investigation that will make you very mad.

You may want to go to an automotive store (or store with a good sized auto section) and ask for spray silicon.  It is about $5 for a 7.5 ounce can.  You can get the same thing at the fabric store, but your bottle will be, 1/2 of an ounce for about the same money.  (The small bottle is called Sewer's Aid but don't tell anyone about the over priced item.)

Spray, in a well vented area, and away from your machine, your thread all the way around the spool and let it dry, about 1 or 2 minutes.  Do not put it into your machine while wet.

Let me know how this works for you,

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

ps:  Please check and comment on my latest blog, I will appreciate it.

jalcumbrack  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:09:45 AM(UTC)

Hi Cyndee,

Have you tried a new needle? Sometimes it is just that, they can have either a burr on them or be bent a bit and we can't see it. I would try this first to see if it resolves this issue.

Thanks

Judy

Check out Stitchin' Shortcuts for tips and tricks in sewing. I appreciate all comments,good or bad!

sarahmeyer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:05:20 AM(UTC)

Is your machine new?  This happened to me quite often in the first few months, but doesn't happen anymore.  I took a class with another PE700 owner and the same happened to her while she was still "breaking it in."