Notification

Icon
Error

Options
annthegran  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 3:57:15 AM(UTC)

Xpress Yourself with Lettering

Have you ever wondered what lettering software is all about?  After all we’ve been using fonts for years and they work just fine.  Machine embroidery has come along way since I created all my alphabets.  Let me show you how software can make adding just the right text, in just the right size to any project one, two, three clicks.  We’ll cover all the basic program functions of lettering software and learn:

• how to size, rotate, italicize and skew text.
• creating multi-line text, circle text and enveloping.
• combining text with designs to sew in the same hooping.
• changing the fills and creating really large letters.
• saving your final creation so you can modify it and use it over again.

Now, alphabets are great and still have their place but I’m convinced that software is the speediest way to create personalized text that can be tailored perfectly to every project. 

Alphabets and Appliqué

We’ll cover the two techniques that I got the most requests for training on when I asked for your input.

Every embroiderer has loved alphabets for a long time and almost all of us own at least one or two. I was one of the very first to build a collection of themed alphabets designed just for home embroiderers like you. And many of you have been asking for a class on how to get the most out of your alphabets.  We’ll cover everything you need to know in this seminar.

Machine embroidery appliqué is a wonderful way to add your favorite fabrics along with embroidery to make coordinating or custom pieces.  “Appliqué embroidery” is really very easy to do but as I always say “show me, don’t tell me”.  In this segment we will have fun as we walk together through every aspect of creating beautiful machine embroidery appliqué.