Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Nan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:15:25 AM(UTC)

My machine stitches great...but lately, it has been stopping or the needle goes slow like it trying to move and then stops. I was told I need a new belt, is this true.
pat71896  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:45:17 AM(UTC)

Only a Certified Technician can tell you and repair your machine. This is probably the MOST IMPORTANT reason that buying on eBay is NOT a good idea. Without a warranty from a dealership, those repairs usually start around $60 and go up. Any eBay savings can go away very quickly.

There is not a lot you can do with this machine in the way of repairing it yourself. To care for the machine do these things:

• Keep it covered when not in use. Keeping dust from the machine is its best protection.

• Keep the Bobbin case area free from lint. Every time you change the bobbin, use the small paintbrush style tool to remove all lint from that area. I also use an "air pressure can" to knock out the very small particles. The one you use for your computer is perfect.

• Change your needle. There is much discussion for when to change the needle. I personally keep a post-it-note with the date, needle size and type (Universal or Embroidery, Stretch, etc.) and the stitch count, available on your machine. I change my needle at about 100,000 stitches. If I am using heavy materials like canvas or denim, I change at 50,000. A dull needle can cause so many other issues.

Never oil your machine unless the Manufacturer gives you instructions to do so.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.

Pat

Edited by user Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:48:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified