Notification

Icon
Error

Options
onesunnyday  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:24:40 AM(UTC)

So I am a newbie... I am just figuring it all out... or I am TRYING>>>

It seems like the back of the finished item looks "neater" than the front... Anyone else.... or any tips?

Thanks in advance!!

Jenn

onesunnyday  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:46:06 AM(UTC)

Also, Anyone know how to change from CM to inches??

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:09:11 AM(UTC)

Hello Jenn - It sounds like you may be having a tension issue.  You can check the manual that came with your machine for tension issues.  Another thing that you can do is review my blog on needles which has a tension test for your machine.

Check the Preferences (where your options are - including changing from metric to English) to see what the tension is on your top thread.  I think you may find it around -8 and you need to increase it.  Use scraps, my favorite scraps are old denim, to increase the tension.  If worse comes to worse, you can loosen the bobbin tension, but on that machine, it is the last resort.

As a newbie, I encourage you to do this project - http://www.annthegran.co...18/5460.aspx#5460.  It will give you information regardless of the machine and some tips for all embroiders. 

Read everything that seems to interest you because embroidery is a learning experience like none other.  I have been doing it for more than 10 years and still learn on most every project.  Practice and play with your machine.  The manual you have is for the machine, not the actual embroidery itself. 

Ask a lot of questions right here.  This is among the best (if not the very best) forum on the Net.  People here care and have been where you are.  They will help you!!!

Here is one of my recent projects. 

I really love doing embroidery and know that you will too - when you have some experience.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 4:26:25 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

It is a really good idea to know your machine by reading and applying each step of every feature of the machine.

Set down in front of the machine with the manual - test everything!  This does not take very long and will save you a lot of frustration and down time.

Page 21 will explain how to change from mm to inches.

Page 64 will explain tension settings.  However, you need to be sure the bobbin was correctly wound with machine embroidery bobbin thread and correctly placed into the bobbin case.