Notification

Icon
Error

Options
granny12  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:43:10 AM(UTC)

I bought a brother pe770 and was sent a cd called   embroidey magic2 with it  . It is for digitizing a picture to be used with my embroidery machine..  Can anyone tell me how to scan a picture or design into my computer and have it appear in the pes or dst format in the software so I can download it onto my zip drive to use it in the usb port of my machine?  Yes I am really computer illiterate but I really want to try my hand at digitizing.

frierson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:03:00 AM(UTC)

You would scan the item but it  will not automatically appear as anything other than a bitmap or jpeg or such.

After that you would have to bring it up in a product to be autodigitized. So, you cannot. But, here: download a trial of these and play around for 30 days. If you have more than 1 computer, download the trial and only open it on one computer. Then, after the 30 days, run the program on the other computer.

Here:http://www.amazingdesigns.com/en/downloads/free-trials/

try digitize n stitch and edit n stitch.

Also, this will teach you to do some autodigitizing and it is not a trial. I kinda like it for free. This is the site:http://www.thredworks.com/dwnlod.php

and this is the download I saved it so I can put it on 2  computers:http://www.thredworks.com/bin/dwnlod/thr3inst.zip

I have embroidery magic2. Haven't mastered it but prefer the trials so far. It isn't at all what I expected from the advertising. But, I'm sure we will like it after we understand it better.

granny12  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2011 6:08:21 AM(UTC)

thank you  thank you  thank you.  I am so glad someone else understands my frustrations on this.  I will try your suggestions and let you know about my success   granny

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:05:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

These are my experiences with machine embroidery (ME) digitizing software in general.

Digitizing software, as all software for machine embroidery comes with an instruction manual. 

These manuals are very, very boring.  However, it is necessary to try to stay awake as your read and try to absorb the information.

As you read, add post-its for reference.  The last manual I downloaded was 250 pages with only 5 or 6 pages that pertain to what I really needed. 

There should also be a HELP button in the tool bar that will access the manual where you can search for certain instructions.

It takes time learn and the application needs to be done in steps. 

Check to see if the picture you want to download needs to be a jpeg or bitmap file.  It may or may not need to be.

Lastly, you need quiet time when learning ME software - no TV, radio, telephone, inquisitive people and such.