Notification

Icon
Error

Options
rroldan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:44:25 AM(UTC)

I thought the point of the USB card writer module that comes with the PE-Design is specifically to transport your design, whether editted or not, to your machine.  I just got the Brother 770 which reads designs from your USB flash drive.  I purchased the PE-Design Ver.7 from a friend basically for its software but when trying to open Layout & Editing, it says that the USB module is not attached.  I just wanted to create a design and save it to my flash drive--not to the embroidery card through the module.  Did I install the software correctly or do I really need to have that module attached to my computer even if I'm saving my design to my flash drive?

Thank you all for your help!

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:26:59 AM(UTC)

I am sorry, I cannot help with this issue.  Perhaps selecting the link below called "Contact" can help.

I am not sure they can help either.  Many of the software programs (digitizing types) do require that connection.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

junemellinger  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 1:30:41 AM(UTC)

You can not use PEDesign in any format with the use of the card reader writer.  This piece of hardware is necessary for opening designs and transporting them to a card.  If you have a pes embroidery file you can send it to a USB and open in the machine....providing that file was created for the recognized hoop sizes in your machine.  You can not open and view pes files in your computer without the hardware attached, even if you have the software installed. 

You can also consider purchasing Brother's BES lettering program.  This is a multi-faceted program that will allow you to not only open and view your design with out the "box" , you can also add letters, change the size of the image or add other designs to your design.  For more information on this program click on the blue letters.  Don't forget that you can get lots of new designs for your machine at http://www.ibroidery.com ---lots of new designs from Disney, Warner Bros. and Nickelodeon too! 

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 3:20:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

[quote user="roldan"]

I thought the point of the USB card writer module that comes with the PE-Design is specifically to transport your design, whether edited or not, to your machine.  I just got the Brother 770 which reads designs from your USB flash drive.  I purchased the PE-Design Ver.7 from a friend basically for its software but when trying to open Layout & Editing, it says that the USB module is not attached.  I just wanted to create a design and save it to my flash drive--not to the embroidery card through the module.  Did I install the software correctly or do I really need to have that module attached to my computer even if I'm saving my design to my flash drive?

Thank you all for your help!

I have PE6.  It opens without a module/dongle and from Layout & Editing, I can save the design/file to a document folder on the PC's hard drive.  From there it can be sent to the removable drive (flash drive/stick).

This is how I do it as my software is also second-hand and I have never had a module/dongle. 

However, there may be safeguards on 7 that cannot be bypassed. 

Ask your friend where the module/dongle is at, or return your money.

You can try Brother for a replacement, but they may ask for the serial number on the software.

Here is an interesting conversation that is very similar to your problem (second post) - http://blog.windstarembroidery.com/?cat=2

rroldan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:44:13 AM(UTC)

Thank you for your response Pat.

rroldan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:44:54 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the info JuneMellenger!

rroldan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:46:53 AM(UTC)

That's what I wanted to do...just use the software since I dont need to save it to the embroidery card, I can save it to the usb stick.  So PE-6 lets you do that?  I'll look into it.  Thank you so much Pattiann!