Notification

Icon
Error

Options
rroldan  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 7:26:49 AM(UTC)

I just received my new Brother PE-770.  I haven't embroidered anything yet but I did download a set of fonts. I'm trying to put the letters together to form a word, then embroider but I'm totally lost! I know I can make a word using existing fonts from the machine but I can't seem to put designs together from my USB...I see the designs (although they're pretty much just a glob) but how do you put them together to form a pattern/design?

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:51:42 AM(UTC)

I started on a similar machine to yours, actually it was my second machine, I had an even smaller one before my PE700.

You can see the information here.

You need to spend some time getting more familiar with your machine because it has so much to offer, and as a Newbie (we LOVE YOU!) there is things you need to know.

There is a 'general' tutorial for you to follow.  It is for a machine very similar to yours, and can actually be a tutorial for any machine, it is generic.

Please ask a lot of questions, read a lot of Forum information (use the Search at the top of the page), and play with your new toy.  Frustration can be avoided if you just ask, after trying to figure it  out yourself a little, here in this Forum.  There are many knowledgeable and helpful people here.  We have all been where you are, let us help you along.

Congrats on your machine, you are going to love it!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

melanieyearwood  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:08:34 PM(UTC)

I am a newbie to this machine too. I downloaded the Universal stich era program. it's free, and it's pretty simple to use. There are tutorials when you sign in. I used it to align my letters to make a name easier. If you just search google for the name it will come up to their home page, then you can get a page where it's free to download.

rroldan  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 4:30:12 PM(UTC)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'll check out that Universal stich era program.

Aloha,

Rena

rroldan  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:23:07 AM(UTC)

Do you remember what website you got the Universal Stitch Era program from?  All the ones I'm finding require you to purchase stuff before they allow you to have the program.

Thanks!

kt3234  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:06:29 AM(UTC)

[quote user="rroldan"]

Do you remember what website you got the Universal Stitch Era program from?  All the ones I'm finding require you to purchase stuff before they allow you to have the program.

Thanks!

I found it here http://colmanandcompany....ic_store/SIERRA-SEU.html

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you, kt3234 Karen